It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Well, maybe not “good,” but we didn’t think it was going to be as disastrous as it was.
Backstory: My generous parents grow vegetables in their garden and love to share them with the staff at New Jersey 101.5.
On Wednesday I brought habanero and jalapeño peppers for my colleagues who didn’t know how hot they were. On a whim, Dennis Malloy suggested that he, his producer Joe V., and I eat one each during a short commercial break … it was a mess.
See below how we immediately regretted the decision.
My favorite takeaways from this video:
- The unfortunately big bites that Joe and I took from our peppers. If I could turn back time, I would have a smaller bite … or maybe no bite at all.
- How neither I nor Joe had the change to swallow our peppers.
- The way Dennis escalates from quietly explaining why we should have dairy products becomes a desperate yell at Joe for cheese from outside the studio, all over Dan Zarrow’s weather forecast.
- How Joe couldn’t get the cheese at first because he was hunched over a trash can that was throwing out the peppers.
- When Judi asks “WHY DID YOU DO THAT?” like the concerned work woman she is, followed by Dennis, who breathlessly admits, “I don’t know.”
- What happened after the video ended …
Bill Doyle accused Joe and me of being sissies for handling our peppers and decided to eat one of our own. While he was starting strong, he quickly turned into a sweaty, burping mess.
Thank goodness for Deminski and Doyle: On Demand because you can hear his meltdown around the 27-minute mark below.
The above post reflects the thoughts and observations of Kylie Moore of New Jersey 101.5. All opinions expressed are Kylie’s own. You can follow Kylie on Instagram.
The best outdoor beer gardens in NJ breweries
There are more ways than ever to enjoy a Garden State craft beer outdoors.
According to C + R Research, New Jersey ranks first (with Kentucky) with 43% growth in the craft beer scene from 2015 to 2019.
The following is a roundup of breweries across the state, with quaint, specialty outdoor seating when the weather permits.
Beautiful sunflower fields to visit in NJ 2021
One of the reasons the Garden State remains an apt nickname for New Jersey – late summer marks the arrival of the sunflower season.
There are at least six fields that comprise the state. Some bloom from early August, while others are expected to peak from late August to late September.
It is always a good idea to call or email before leaving if the weather seems to be an issue.
Point Pleasant Beach NJ: 11 Most Popular Places
Point Pleasant Beach’s oceanfront location has been a source of pleasure for centuries.
The first permanent boardwalk was built in 1915, and in the late 1920s Orlo Jenkinson built Jenkinson’s Pavilion and Swimming Pool.
Over the past 100 years, the community has grown into a vibrant vacation destination for citizens and tourists.